Made this as one of the side dishes to go with my Hainan chicken. There is this spicy sesame oil by Chosen Foods that I have absolutely fallen in love with. I've been using it in almost all of my recipes lately. I think my desire for spicy food must have something to do with this rainy weather we've been having in Southern California.
Sautéed Kale in Spicy Sesame Oil
3 dino kale leaves
3 curly kale leaves
3 red kale leaves
1 teaspoon spicy sesame oil
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 cloves garlic
1 juice of a lemon
1. Clean, remove stems and chop the dino, curly and red kale.
2. Squeeze one juice of a lemon and massage into the kale mix.
3. Heat wok or skillet with the sesame and avocado oil.
4. Mince garlic and stir fry with kale when the oil in the wok is hot.
5. Season with white pepper, salt, and chili flakes
6. Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds