After eating my Roasted Asian Kale Salad I felt the benefits of eating a plant based diet almost immediately. For the next four weeks I have decided to eat vegetarian for five out of the seven days a week. After that I will reevaluate to see if I still feel good and if I will continue with this lifestyle change.
For the base of my bowl aka the filler I used Trader Joe's cut spaghetti squash. Follow the directions on the package and season with salt. Then added in roasted shaved brussels sprouts tossed in avocado oil and seasoned with chili flakes, salt and pepper.
I added in my miso sous vide eggplant, which was actually the inspiration for this meal. Then these delicious king oyster mushrooms sauteed using butter. They really have the same texture as scallops for a fraction of the price, plus they are vegetarian. Double win!
Flip through to watch my veggie bowl come to life.
Meatless Asian Veggie Bowl
1 package Trader Joe's cut spaghetti squash
1 package Trader Joe's shaved brussels sprouts
1 package king oyster mushrooms
Sous Vide Miso Eggplant - click here for recipe
Avocado oil spray
1 teaspoon chili flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Green onion for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Follow instructions on the package of spaghetti squash and season with salt to taste.
3. Place shaved brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Toss with avocado oil spray and season with chili flakes, salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy.
4. Cut king oyster mushrooms in desired shape and size. I cut mine thick to make like an imitation scallop.
5. Melt butter on frying pan and sautee mushrooms until they're golden. Flip over so all sides brown evenly.
6. Build your bowl and garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.