Enjoy this Instant Pot Chicken Daikon Stew over a bed of cauliflower rice. It is more flavorful if you substitute the coconut aminos for soy sauce, almond butter for peanut butter, raw honey for brown sugar, and of course you can eat this over white rice instead of cauliflower rice. I had made it this way because I am trying to follow the paleo diet, if you have no dietary restrictions, I highly suggest the substitutes.
Instant Pot Chicken Daikon Stew
4 chicken thighs
1/2 cup coconut aminos
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 tablespoon raw honey
2 star of anise
1 cinnamon stick
5 slices of fresh ginger (1 inch)
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon spicy sesame oil
2 cups chicken stock
1 small daikon chopped
4 hard boiled eggs
Salt to taste
White pepper to taste
1. Set instant pot to sautee mode
2. Slice ginger, shallot, garlic and sautee in instant pot until golden
3. Whisk together coconut aminos, almond butter, honey, and chicken stock and add to instant pot along with the star of anise and cinnamon stick
4. Add chicken and salt and white pepper to taste.
5. Set pressure cook on poultry mode for 40 minutes.
6. While the chicken is cooking hard boil your 4 eggs
7. Cut daikon raddish into 1.5 inch cubes
8. Once timer has gone off on instant pot release the steam.
9. Peel hard boiled eggs and add into instant pot.
10. Add in the chopped daikon cubes
11. Set pressure cooker for 15 more minutes
12. Once time is up, release pressure and enjoy!