Great as a salad topper or just by themselves as a snack these Asian roasted chickpeas are to die for. They are super easy to make and are my healthy alternative to using croutons for that extra salty crunch in my salads and boost of protein.
For this recipe I suggest using the low sodium variety because you will be adding additional salt to as apart of the seasoning. After rinsing off your beans you will pat them dry with a paper towel. Pat them dry, coat in oil and season. I found this sriracha blend seasoning earlier today at Sprouts and wanted to give it a try and it turned out really yummy.
Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes or until crunchy. I like to roll them around every 10 minutes or so to help prevent burning. When rolling them around I also sprayed a light coat of avocado oil spray
Either serve right away or store in an air tight container. Enjoy!
Asian Roasted Chickpeas
1 can garbanzo beans
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
The Spice Hunter Mild Sriracha to taste
1 tablespoon spicy sesame oil
Avocado oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Drain and rinse garbanzo beans in a strainer
3. Pat dry
4. In a large bowl toss with the spicy sesame oil
5. Season with the Sriracha powder, garlic powder, and salt to taste
6. Bake for 30 minutes tossing every 10 minutes or so with a light spritz of the avocado oil spray
7. Eat right away or store in an airtight container.